Tuesday, October 28, 2008

See me, feel me, touch me, heal me

I listened to Tommy again, after having not listened to it in ages.  Boy, is it something.


The Who was among those bands I listened to as a little kid.  It was interesting to get the full story about Tommy and listen to it now.  Thinking back, as a kid, I probably only knew that Tommy was a blind, deaf, and dumb boy who was a pinball wizard and eventually regained his senses in the end.  I had no idea about the rest of the story.

How do people come up with such wildly brilliant ideas like Tommy?  It blows my mind.

I haven't seen the movie (since you asked) but I'd like to see it one day.  Until then, I'm absolutely content to listen to the album.  When I was little, I had favorite songs (i.e. Pinball Wizard, Tommy's Holiday Camp (my brother and I got such a kick out of that), Smash the Mirror, I'm Free, We're Not Gonna Take It) but now, if you asked me, I couldn't say.  They're all part of something larger.

Anyways, just thought I'd give a shout.  If you haven't listened to Tommy, I highly recommend you do so.

What is happening in his head?  Ooooooh, I wish I knew....
I wish I knew.




No comments: