Monday, March 23, 2009

Libraries cheer me up

This past week I've been especially frazzled and very irritable. However, my mood is improving. This probably started with the slide projector in photo class, and went on from there.

Today, my darling dearest was not present, meaning I had heaps of time to utilize-- alone-- during the immense gap better known as 'waiting for swim practice to start'. I wandered up to the library with every intention of doing homework, but (as I said) I was pretty burnt out and was not in the mood for geometric sequences and Lenin.

Then, And Tango Makes Three caught my eye!  I had heard about it, and it was the perfect opportunity to read it.   For those who don't know, And Tango Makes Three is a children's book based on the true story of two male penguins in the Central Park Zoo who fall and love and adopt an egg.  They're now a happy family!  It was a very sweet book, and I'm adding it to my list of books to most definitely read to my potential children of the future. 

Anyways, reading that perked me up some.  I still had it in me to lug  the Modern World History text book over to where I was sitting, but I was in no mood to open it.

By some unfathomable force of nature, I instead did a library search for Andy Warhol.  This led me to a rather good book on him, and I read the thing until the library closed.  (I feel I must explain my unexplainable fascination with Andy Warhol.  For reasons unbeknownst to me, I find Andy Warhol an incredibly attractive individual.  I'm a sponge when it comes to him.  I happen to love interesting people, and he ranks pretty high on that list.)  As you might imagine, this cheered me up considerably.  I plan to continue reading from where I left off at page 55 next time I come around.

Then, at long last, swimming came.  I love being buoyant, and I had Walk on the Wild Side (appropriately) stuck in my head.  Mellow, calm.

Four tests in three periods tomorrow (ouch!) but I think I'll do all right.  I sure hope so.

I fully realize that I just related in great detail my after school affairs and that this is not prime subject matter that people readily read.  But it made me happy when I needed happy.  I hope you're happy, too.  Happiness is a good thing.  It's a good thing.

3 comments:

Superhero Flannel said...

Lol,

Andy Warhol, eh? Have you seen "Watchmen" yet? If so, you'll know the moment I'm talking about...though I know very little about Andy Warhol, I still laughed. :)

That said, you sound like a smart cookie. It's cool that you're taking advantage of your senior year...I wish I'd done more on my own time intead of worrying about grades back then. Any idea where you'll be going to college? (Lol: no pressure!).

Oh~ and another response to your comment on my blog (check it out!). And I hope you feel better! I too, have been irritable.

Kat said...

I haven't seen Watchmen yet (though my friends rave about the graphic novel, which I haven't read, either)... is Warhol somehow referenced in that film...?

Aw, thanks :) I'm not really a senior (shh, the weblurks may hear!) but I am trying to balance life and school in a heathy, fulfilling way. Oh, speak not of college decisions! I honestly have no idea.

I am feeling better, thanks. I wish the same to you!

Superhero Flannel said...

Cool, cool.

I have yet to finish the graphic novel, but I enjoyed the movie. Totally worth watching, just for the split second of Warhol-ness, since you're a fan of him. :)

That said, I guess I assumed you were a senior because your post before last mentioned college majors...never too early to think about it, I suppose, though trust me: you've got time!

Meanwhile, I'm glad you're feeling better...and more repsonse to your post over on my blog, lol!