Thursday, March 12, 2009

Oxidation Numbers

It's been a while since I last blogged around on here. When I created this, I meant to post frequently, but that plan of action (more or less) deteriorated. Even so, fabulous as it may be, Natalie Portman and Elmo can't be the top post forever.

What to say... well, I've been thinking (or more so, forced to think) about what I want to do with my life. Tis the season for high school counselors to start getting on your case. I realize that I will be out of here much sooner than I think, and I admit I'm rather scared. Excited, of course, too. But also terrified. I have no solid career goals, really. There are some kids who visit an aquarium as a field trip one day and say, "I want to be a marine biologist." And they indeed do become a marine biologist. Others, like my dad, wanted to be a trucker and then an astronaut, first a farmer and then a doctor, a chemist, and somewhere along the line most likely a race car driver, before settling on the final choice of an electrical engineer. My mom says she didn't know what she wanted to do until she was a sophomore in college, but I think there's more pressure on students now that back in the day. I both enjoy and excel in the area of English, and I was thinking pursuing something in journalism. I'd love to be an author, but we'll see.

After that hefty paragraph, I'm very glad to be swimming again. Swim meet tomorrow; hope for the best!

Tonight I mixed some CDs for a couple friends. They're all ready to go, for the most part... but my computer burns CDs whose volume is lower than a regular CD, thus leading to generally bleh. I'll try to look into the iTunes preferences on that so I can burn CDs at actual decent volume. It may be attributed to this computer's funky disk drive. Sometimes you fee like a nut, sometimes you don't.

Seeing I have to get up nice and early in the cold, frosty dark tomorrow, I think I'd best be off to bed. Hopefully I'll be better about updating the ol' blog, even if my reader base is virtually nil.

Buenas Noches,
kAt

1 comment:

Superhero Flannel said...

No, your reader base is not nil! You posted on my blog (still not sure how you found me!~ oh, the internet!), and now I have a new blog to follow. :)

That said, I responded to you! (Take a look!).

And...I understand being afraid of your future. I'm about to finish grad school, and still feel utterly unprepared for my life. But if you love English, I say go for it.

It's the best decision I ever made.